Tracy’s Daily Superfood Energy Fix
Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I LOVE this smoothie!! I first saw Reece Witherspoon talking about it on social media – describing it as her secret for gorgeous, glowing skin and natural energy. It has since become one of the best things I do for myself every day and the treat I look forward to each morning.
I’ve made a couple of modifications to “level up” the clean, green, energy + inflammation-fighting + and immune-boosting bits with raw tea leaves, ginger and turmeric.
And, oh my goodness, can I just say how great I’m feeling as a result. You get so many servings of good-for-you greens (plus a super fun-looking bright green bevvy!). It’s refreshing. It’s filling. It delivers on the promise of sustained energy. And it tastes so darn delicious. Seriously.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 1 serving Millennia TEA (1 cube or tbsp chopped raw tea)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 generous handfuls spinach
- 1 whole lemon (cut off the outer skin and toss the whole thing in)
- 1” chunk ginger root (I scrub it and leave the skin right on)
- 1” chunk turmeric root (same, if you peel it your fingers will turn bright orange .. best to keep the skin on. Or substitute ½ tsp organic turmeric powder)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 serving fruit (either cored apple OR handful frozen mango pieces)
- 2 cups coconut water (or just plain water)
- protein powder
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- hemp hearts
- ½ avocado
Makes 2 servings
This recipe makes two (2) generous servings (20 ounces / 600ml), so you can share the green goodness, or fill two big tumblers and store one in the fridge for the following day.
Hope you love it as much as I do. Wishing you radiant health!