Retail Council of Canada announces Grand Prix winners
The Retail Council of Canada celebrated the winners of the 29th Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards during a gala on June 1 at the Toronto Congress Centre. The winners were selected from 121 finalists.
There were 26 companies that took home a Canadian Grand Prix New Product Award for products they introduced into the Canadian market in 2021. Among the winners were established and new retailers, suppliers, boutique, and family-owned businesses from across Canada.
Multiple-category winners included: Metro Inc, Walmart Canada, Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd, Agropur Dairy Cooperative, Von Slick's Finishing Touch, and The Spice Tailor.
"The winners this year reflect the story of changing Canadian values. Canadians are seeking products that truly meet their needs and dietary preferences. The quality of meat and dairy alternative products is astounding and a testament that these product choices are here to stay," says Diane J. Brisebois, president and CEO of Retail Council of Canada. "I am truly impressed with how tuned in product developers are becoming with the consumer's voice. The jury's feedback over the years is clearly being reflected in these winning new products."
Below is the list of winners that won in specific categories for CPG and private label.
- Originality & Innovation: Von Slick’s Finishing Touch – Made with Real Butter
- Innovative Packaging: Zero Carbon Milk Carton, Organic Meadow
- Overall Consumer Value: Fresh Market Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli, Walmart Canada
- Excellence in Ethnic Products: Biryani Kit by Anjum Anand, The Spice Tailor Ltd.
- All Canadian: Agropur 6-year aged Grand Cheddar, Agropur Dairy Cooperative
- CPG: NotMilk, The Not Company
- Private Label: Invitation Alcohol Free Wine, Metro Inc.
Condiments & Sauces
- CPG: Peace River Hot Honey, Honey Bunny Inc.
- Private Label: Compliments Plant-Based Blue Cheese-Type Dressing, Sobeys Inc.
Fruit, Vegetable & Produce
- Great Value Sliced Kiwi
- Magic Moments, Carlton Cards
Frozen & Refrigerated Prepared Foods and Entrees
- CPG: Plant Based Chicken Flavour Dumplings, Siwin Foods
- Private Label: Irresistibles Shrimp Appetizers, Metro Inc.
Shelf Stable Prepared Foods & Entrees
- CPG: Biryani Kit by Anjum Anand, The Spice Tailor Ltd.
- Private Label: Life Smart Instant Oatmeal, Metro Inc.
Baking Needs & Dried Bakery
- CPG: Pam, Conagra Brands
- Private Label: 100% Superfine Almond Flour, Walmart Canada
- CPG: Sliced Croissant Loaf, Bridor
- Private Label: Curato Hazelnut Crostata, Longo Brothers Fruit Markets
Dairy (Milk, Yogurt, Cheese & Spreadables)
- Von Slick’s Finishing Touch – Made with Real Butter
Desserts, Fresh, Refrigerated or Frozen
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches, Save-On-Foods
Confectionery & Shelf Stable Desserts
- CPG: Realfruit Gummies, Dare Foods
- Private Label: Selection Premium Truffles, Metro Inc.
- Be Better Scented Epsom Salts, Rexall Pharmacy Group
Meat, Egg & Seafood Fresh/Refrigerated or Frozen
- CPG: Ultimate Chicken Sausages, Maple Lodge Farms
- Private Label: Life Smart Naturalia Frozen Fish Fillet, Metro Inc.
Deli Meats & Cheeses
- CPG: Agropur 6-year aged Grand Cheddar, Agropur Dairy Cooperative
- Private Label: Our Finest Red Leicester Cheese, Walmart Canada
- CPG: Roasted Fava Beans, Three Farmers
- Private Label: Nosh & Co. Everything Bagel Cashews, Rexall Pharmacy Group
- CPG: Nutybite, BCC Foods
- Private Label: Nosh & Co. Lavender Lemon Cookies, Rexall Pharmacy Group
- Irresistibles Biscuits, Metro Inc.
- CPG: Superfood TEA Cubes, Millennia TEA
- Private Label: Be Better Meal Replacement Bar, Rexall Pharmacy Group
- CPG: Swash Laundry Detergent, Whirlpool Canada
- Private Label: Great Value Disinfecting Wet Mop Cloths, Walmart Canada
Paper, Plastic Foil
- Reynolds Consumer Products Canada
Appliance & Cookware
- CPG: Kilne 6-Piece Steak Knife Set
- Private Label: Paderno Classic Non-Stick Cast Iron Frypan, Canadian Tire
To view product images visit Retail Council of Canada Grand Prix winners online.