Q&A WITH MARKETING LOGISTICS MANAGER, ERIC JACKSON
We loved highlighting the women in our team so much on Mother's Day, it's time to put the Millennia TEA men in the spotlights! We hope you enjoy getting to know the TEAm as much as we enjoy introducing them to you.
Happy Father’s Day to you and yours. We appreciate you all so much!
- Tell us about yourself.
I’m a husband, a foodie, a wine nerd, and a dog owner. I live in my hometown of Truro, Nova Scotia.
At Millennia TEA, I’m responsible for logistics and data analysis. Spreadsheets are my love language.
- The best piece of advice you’ve ever received:
“It’s important to stay busy so that you’re never alone with your thoughts.” Kind of sounds dark at first! But in practice, I’ve found that I feel my best when I’ve got a lot on my plate. When I am busy, I act my purpose. We all need a reason or three to get out of bed in the morning.
- What does self-care mean to you?
Self-care means doing the maintenance necessary to ensure that your body is not the limiting factor in your life. There are lot of things I want to do with this life, and I want to make sure that the bottleneck is time, rather than my energy, memory, or capacity to concentrate.
What’s in your daily health toolkit?
- A Millennia TEA cube. A cup of fresh leaf tea is the easiest way to do something good for my body every day. I find the individual portions convenient for my daily dose.
- A glass of red wine. Health benefits aside, it’s good for the soul!
- An attitude of gratitude.
- What’s 1 daily practice you prioritize?
Intermittent fasting. Just the basic 16/8 protocol. I can’t say that I adhere super strictly to it. If the hunger is overwhelming or if I’m traveling and it isn’t convenient, I don’t worry about it. But I find that I don’t get brain fog when I stick to my fasting schedule.
- Your life mantra:
“No zero days.” Do something every day to take yourself closer to your goals.
- How do you take care of your mental health?
I learned how to sleep well. It’s one of things that’s different for everybody, so I don’t have any neat sleep tricks to offer, but taking the time to figure out how to maximize restful sleep has been a game-changer for my mental health.
What is your go-to smoothie recipe?
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup frozen mango
- ½ Cup frozen strawberries
- ¾ Cup oat milk
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Lime juice to taste
- What does the word “dad” mean to you?
I have a great dad. And he had a great dad too. So my idea of “dad” has been shaped by those people. For me, a dad is a man who has decided to put his family’s needs ahead of his own desires. He works for them and sacrifices for them. Even when it’s hard. Even when it feels thankless. That’s a dad.
- What are your fave health products?
- Millennia TEA tops the list! Caffeine without the jitters keeps me focused and productive.
- Endeavour hemp hearts add a host of minerals and healthy fats to my smoothies.
- Most beard oils are too strongly scented for my liking, so I use Moroccanoil Treatment as a beard oil. I think any brand of argan oil would work just as well though.
- I use NATIVE deodorant as an aluminium-free alternative to standard antiperspirants.
- One adventure you hope to live out in your lifetime.
Does drinking wine count as an adventure? I’d like to go to New Zealand.
- What are you reading currently?
I just finished “The Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis. It’s a clever satire exploring the idea of resisting temptation, written from the perspective of a demon coaching his nephew on how to tempt humans. Funny and insightful!
- What are you currently listening to? (music, podcast, etc)
I’ve been listening to a lot of half•alive lately. Great beats!
My go-to podcasts are Word on Fire with Bishop Robert Barron and The Symbolic World with Jonathan Pageau.