LET'S BAKE: Peach Crumble TEA Muffins
It's peach season 🍑 And that calls for a baking session! How to justify the extra butter and sugar consumption? Well, aside from just to treat yourself from time to time, you can infuse the butter with your Millennia TEA leaves 🌱 It does not alter the taste, but it does give you the antioxidant boost you might be craving. And, these muffins are PERFECT for a summer picnic. ENJOY!
Ingredients (serves about 15)For the muffin:
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup diced peaches
- 1 or 2 Tbsp Organic Chopped Millennia TEA
For the crumble:
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat the over to 375F°
- Whisk the melted butter with the sugar and TEA until well combined. Add the eggs and stir. Add the buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt evenly over the top and fold until most of the flour mixture is incorporated. Gently fold in the diced nectarines using a rubber spatula. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
Combine all crumble ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a fork until crumbles form. Add more flour if necessary, until crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs over muffins.
Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.